April 12, 2010

First time skiing!!!


My brother-in-law got my family all ski passes to park city. It was my first time ever skiing. When we road the ski lift up to the top of the bunny hill I was asking Jason how do you get off the lift. He told me the lift kind of just pushes you out. Well when we got to the top I started getting off the chair and waited for the chair to "push me off" like my husband told me... well it didn't do what I had imagined and needless to say I fell flat on my face. I was nervous that the lift was going to hit me in the back of the head so I started army crawling away. The people working started yelling at me to stop and they had to stop the lift to get me out of the way. To top it all off Jason started laughing at me and said "Loser". He thought that I could just get back up and laugh it off. He didn't realize that I had to have the worker lift me back on my feet. Seriously one of the most "Loserish" things I have ever done. We ended up having a lot of fun. My little two year old nephew Bode went and had his own ski and I am embarrassed to say that he passed me on the way down. Jason and I decided that when we win the lottery we will have to take up skiing.



How come I am the only one that looks normal in this picture. I have no idea what Joel is doing and where the heck is Jason's left hand. This is why I say that my family is not normal:)





3 comments:

Amanda said...

hahaha that was a good post. i can't believe you guys are skiing right now! its summer here. seriously though...i want to go skiing with you...you sound like your as good as me and i have probably been 10 times in my life. HA! miss you guys too. we'll be there beginning of june so we need to get together.

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

Your army crawl will always be one of my favorite memories. Too funny!

Aubrie said...

What? I've known you for nine years and had not idea you didn't ski!

layout


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones